NEMA Frame Mechanical Friction Torque Limiter
Continuously Engaged, Momentary Overload Protection
- Mechanically adjustable, continuously engaged friction torque limiter slips in the event of an overload
- Torque at which limiter will slip is field adjustable through the tightening or loosening of a nut
- Adjustment nut is locked in place by set screws when desired torque setting is established
- Torque limiter mounts between a c-face motor and gear reducer
- NEMA Frame Torque Limiter is not suitable for belt drive (pulley output) applications. Consult engineering
- Momentary overload protection
- Torque limiters are not recommended in continuous slip or tension control applications. A SensiFlex® clutch or brake should be used instead.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- No reset required after torque limiter slips
- Enclosed design with aluminum, clear anodized aluminum or stainless steel housing
- Torque setting is factory set at value specified by user
- Torque adjustment nut can not be manipulated without disassembly of the housing
Torque Limiter Repair Kits & Parts
Click here or view PDF detail sheets
below for more information.
Mach III NEMA frame torque limiters are solidly constructed to provide reliable power transmission. NEMA frame torque limiter models can be adapted to accommodate customer needs. See our Custom Design Solutions page for more information. Mach III encourages contact with our engineering department before purchasing a torque limiter for use in a new or retrofit application.